Financial emergencies often occur when we least expect them. The Eagle Support Program
provides short-term loans to assist eligible students facing emergency expenses or
unanticipated financial losses threatening their enrollment. These situations are
typically time-sensitive and one-time. The level of need must be $1,000 or less.
The program can only consider special assistance for emergency expenses one time per academic year.
Remember: the best prevention for the unknown is to be prepared today. The SMMC coaching
team helps students learn how to best prepare for financial emergencies should they
occur during your college experience.
Schedule a Money Coaching Session
Fall 2023 Eagle Support Program Loan Cycle
Eagle Support Program online application opens.
"Peaceful, accommodating, and even though I could not see the smiles, I felt them
"Without the loan, I'd be taking off for a semester or more to save up for tuition
"This process has allowed me to relax and focus on my education and simultaneously
allows me to have time to figure out a financial plan to pay back the loan I'm receiving."
"Thank you guys so much for what you do!"
-Sanjei, Doctoral Candidate
How to Apply
- Confirm that you meet all eligibility requirements.
- Complete the Eagle Support Program application process. *After completing the intake survey, you will be directed to a Microsoft Form. You
must log-in with your UNT email address.
- Monitor your UNT email account for further instructions and application decisions
(1-2 business days).
Am I Eligible To Apply?
To be eligible to submit an application, you must answer YES to all of the following statements. Eligibility is determined at the time of application
- I am currently enrolled at UNT Denton.
- I am at least 18 years old. Applicants under age 18 must have a parent co-signer.
- My level of need is $1,000 or less.
- I am not applying for my current tuition, fees, housing, or meal plan charges.
- I have accepted all student-specific financial aid offered (excluding Parent PLUS loan).
- My cumulative UNT GPA is at least a 2.0. This requirement is waived for first-semester
- I have a secured repayment source to meet the repayment deadline.
- Must be in good standing with the program.
Apply to the Eagle Support Program